You asked for it!
Advanced Perinatal MT Mentoring & Supervision Opportunity
In answer to numerous inquiries for advanced perinatal training, I will be leading an in-person group in the SF Bay area on Saturday, January 27. Within a very small group of other qualified therapists, I will help you to build on your learning from your four- day Pre- and Perinatal MT Specialization workshop.
Let me help you to live your dream of providing exceptional care both for your clients and yourself. We’ll zero in on YOUR practice challenges with focused discussions, brainstorming, problem solving, action plan development, precise demonstrations, and/or supervised practice.
A mentor/supervision group is dynamic, in-the-moment learning at its best. Working within my subtle, flexible framework, you create the content of your time with me. In one-to-one explorations, we delving into whatever YOU need help with and usually devise a thorough action plan, based on a deeper understanding. A particularly energizing synergy often occurs as one therapist’s questions and issues overlap another’s.
Working with the maternity population elicits some of the best and some of the most agonizing of therapists’ responses and challenges. Why you might want to participate:
- You are at a plateau with your clients, your business success, your enthusiasm
- You love your work, and you know that it can always get better
- You are feeling limited by strain or injury and concerned about your long-term success
- You often are overwhelmed by complex client needs and conditions
- You find yourself struggling with difficult feelings, either your clients’ or yours, that emotionally and energetically taint your work
Therapists in similar groups have wrestled with the following topics, among others:
- Weaving massage therapy practice with perinatal yoga instruction
- Negotiating leases and agreements with other maternity care providers in integrative centers
- Processing feelings about one’s own pregnancies, or not having children
- Clinical reasoning challenges with high risk, complicated pregnancies
Playfulness, compassion, and a willingness to be vulnerable all contribute to the “magic” of shared learning so that our group sizzle! Ready to turn up the fire in your practice? Then we’ll see you soon!